Here it is! We promised you that we’d bring you some hope after last week’s talk about depression and anxiety and we did it!
This episode was actually recorded a few weeks ago, so there’s no Road Trip Fun Facts…er Corner….er Station. It’s just us delving into today’s topic. Take a listen and hopefully, it will strengthen your own resources for the dark days that plague us all.
Also…I, Brandy, got a little bit carried away looking up a verse (which I never found) but sure made a lot of noise trying. So….sorry for that.
Listen to Episode 10 here!
1. The evidence of God in Creation.
Here are a couple of good resources to explore, though not necessarily the ones that Matt used:
Dr. William Lane Craig – YouTube
The Case For A Creator; Lee Strobel. Zondervan Publishing; Grand Rapids, MI
2. The prophecies that declared Christ.
* Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
* Isaiah 35:5-6 “Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.”
For additional prophecies:
Jews For Jesus
Read the TRANSCRIPT here!
1. Evidence of God’s faithfulness through recovery classes and Bible Studies. I don’t remember the exact order of these studies, but these Beth Moore studies were particularly healing for me and opened me up for a whole new relationship with God. I’ve done other studies by her as well and have learned so much in all of them. I highly recommend any of her studies.
When Godly People Do Ungodly Things
The Genesis Process: Book 1
The Genesis Process: Book 2
2. The passage that God gave to me before I even knew it was scripture was Psalm 40:1-3.
“I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined His ear to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.”
Deuteronomy 6:5-9 says:
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Like our Facebook Page and join our Facebook Group
Email us your show ideas, road trip stories, prayer requests and more!